She set me up just outside the door to building 2 on the edge of the paved blacktop walkway. I was very impressed by what I saw. The view was beautiful. The grounds were immaculate. The breeze was present, as always. A beautiful day. 3 buildings full of shopping. When Cross Roads first opened in 1997 all vendors were not able to sell retail. Everything they were selling was handmade. Wow. Lots of neat stuff.
Throughout the day I wandered through all the buildings, my daughter stayed with our booth. This the first time I tried Merritt Estates Winery's XTC wine. I am not a wine drinker but this stuff was good. I bought 2 bottles. As I wandered though building 3 I found jams, jellies, cheese & olives. Every kind and flavor you could want. Here is also where I found Peaceful Designs. Mrs. Vacanti was a wealth of knowledge about Cross Roads. She told me about rent fees and what was included. The difference between an occasional vendor and a permanent vendor. About the need for a NY tax ID number and liability insurance.
I was in love. If I became a vendor I would no longer have to load up my vehicle on Thursday or Friday night, get up with the chickens on Friday or Saturday and find my way to this weeks craft show location. I wouldn't have to find a place to park while I found the person in charge. I wouldn't have to look for my space, hope I could drive up to unload, unload, set-up, move my vehicle. I wouldn't have to make sure that I had the sides to my tent in case of rain. I wouldn't need to make sure I was dressed for the weather. My daughter would be graduating in a few years and I would no longer have her constant help at the craft shows. She did a lot of fetching and toting for me. Cross Roads Farm & Craft Market seemed like a dream come true.
Part 1- My first visit to Cross Roads
No comments:
Post a Comment